One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An economy undergoing an unsustainable boom, especially that of in Japan in the late 1980s.
- ‘The bubble economy of the 1980s briefly propelled Japan to superpower status.’
- ‘The authors begin their study by seeking to establish a definition of the bubble economy, based on the experiences of Japan's economy in the late 1980s.’
- ‘One could not imagine a clearer manifestation of a bubble economy than the present situation in California.’
- ‘If this continues for long, China's economy will become overheated and a bubble economy will be created.’
- ‘Few countries have had more experience with the aftermath of a bubble economy than Japan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.