Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An economy undergoing an unsustainable boom, especially that of in Japan in the late 1980s.
- ‘The authors begin their study by seeking to establish a definition of the bubble economy, based on the experiences of Japan's economy in the late 1980s.’
- ‘The bubble economy of the 1980s briefly propelled Japan to superpower status.’
- ‘One could not imagine a clearer manifestation of a bubble economy than the present situation in California.’
- ‘If this continues for long, China's economy will become overheated and a bubble economy will be created.’
- ‘Few countries have had more experience with the aftermath of a bubble economy than Japan.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.