Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Liquid, crystals, or powder added to bathwater to make it foam and have a fragrant smell.‘the gift baskets included bubble bath and champagne’count noun ‘avoid toiletries such as bath oils and bubble baths’
- ‘Glass containers or other fragile items are not recommended for obvious reasons and liquids such as blow bubbles, shampoo, bubble bath or aerosols are not appreciated either.’
- ‘It's almost impossible to buy soap, shampoo or bubble bath which does not contain synthetic sodium laurel sulphate or sodium laureth sulphate.’
- ‘Add some soothing music, soft lighting and naturally scented bath salts or bubble bath to create an inexpensive and convenient spa experience in the privacy of your own home.’
- ‘You don't have to buy her another bottle of perfume; most scents come in ranges that include luxury body lotions, bubble bath and talcs.’
- ‘Perhaps buy some expensive body lotions or bubble bath.’
- ‘Included were CD's, movies, bubble bath… I hesitated as I reached for Tyler's gift.’
- ‘It creates foam in shampoo, shaving creams and bubble bath.’
- ‘We're just selling shampoo, conditioner and bubble bath at this time.’
- ‘This bubble bath smells gorgeous and it can also be used as a perfume.’
- ‘Products available include shampoos and conditioners, bubble bath and shower gel, soap, salts and bombs for the bath, body lotions, hand and foot creams and a selection of gift boxes.’
- ‘It had a shower and a separate whirlpool complete with several colorful bottles of shampoo, bubble bath, and sweet-smelling soaps.’
- ‘But these warnings are not required on shampoo, shower gel or family bubble bath, all of which can legally contain four times as much formaldehyde.’
- ‘As it ran I poured some rosemary bubble bath in and watched it foam like twinkling clouds.’
- ‘Thank this angel with an array of products: bubble bath, body lotion, a loofah, and all-natural perfume or essential oil.’
- ‘Besides the wider range in pulsations from the jets, the motor for an air-jetted tub is less noisy, and you can add bath oils, bubble bath, sea salt or therapeutic herbs with abandon.’
- ‘The school was awarded £150 to spend on science equipment and the children were each given a certificate and goody bag, including bubble bath.’
- ‘Beside the tub was a shelf filled with bubble bath, shampoo, conditioners, odd bath gels, lotions, and powders.’
- ‘She could smell strawberry bubble bath on his skin.’
- ‘Skiing on stage was not without its problems - in 1991 the skis had to be laminated with bubble bath and would emit bubbles on contact with water on the slope.’
- ‘Why is it that no matter what color of bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.