One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The former, who showed no mercy to those who were physically less endowed than them, sowed the seeds of injustice and naked brutishness that stalk the country today.’
- ‘Killigrew's original play aimed to demonstrate the brutishness of the British Cavaliers as they stormed through other countries and left paths of ruined women in the wake.’
- ‘It's a word which shows a feeble mind and a tendency to brutishness.’
- ‘They despair of the moral decline and the ugly brutishness that characterise much of urban Britain.’
- ‘My son would like to join the army, but he is understandably concerned about being exposed to such brutishness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.