One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They despair of the moral decline and the ugly brutishness that characterise much of urban Britain.’
- ‘My son would like to join the army, but he is understandably concerned about being exposed to such brutishness.’
- ‘The former, who showed no mercy to those who were physically less endowed than them, sowed the seeds of injustice and naked brutishness that stalk the country today.’
- ‘Killigrew's original play aimed to demonstrate the brutishness of the British Cavaliers as they stormed through other countries and left paths of ruined women in the wake.’
- ‘It's a word which shows a feeble mind and a tendency to brutishness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.