One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's brutishly fast - the company claims the car will hit 60 mph in under 4.7 seconds, and 100 mph in 10 seconds.’
- ‘Harnessed to German nationalism and the rise of Hitler, he felt that authenticity for the German people was to be seen in National Socialism, and let his philosophy endorse the most brutishly unphilosophical of regimes.’
- ‘As you know, a starter is a brutishly heavy collection of magnets mounted on a rotating axis inside a cylinder of thick braided wire.’
- ‘In Torun, close to the Kosmos Hotel, he was beaten more brutishly, bound more thoroughly and gagged.’
- ‘He weighs 20 stone, is brutishly frank, ran a first-division football club and now has Germans riveted as the nation's entrepreneurial guru and ‘Big Boss‘.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.