One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At the same time, we continued to allow slavery, the oppression of women, the brutalization of Native Americans, etc.’
- ‘Leaving aside the destruction of the infrastructure, the degradation of all social and civic institutions, the rupturing of all normal connections with the outside world, there is the brutalisation of society itself.’
- ‘Nine children and three women told similar stories of enslavement and brutalization, including rape.’
- ‘During the protest I witnessed police brutalization of homeless persons, especially around panhandling and sleeping outside.’
- ‘Clashes among armed factions, with the accompanying brutalization of the populace, have heightened the climate of fear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.