One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Savage physical violence; great cruelty.‘brutality against civilians’
savagery, cruelty, bloodthirstiness, viciousness, ferocity, barbarity, wickedness, murderousness, cold-bloodedness, hard-heartedness, harshnessView synonyms
- ‘Gone are the times when tensions would erupt in a blizzard of savage brutality.’
- ‘The shock of inhuman brutality was sufficient to traumatize the inhabitants into submission.’
- ‘I don't think he was exposed to enough of their atrocities and enough of their brutalities to understand what he really was getting involved in.’
- ‘It was a clearly planned killing with murderous intent executed with brutality and determination.’
- ‘The images of abuse and brutality he records are horrifyingly familiar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.