One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Like many shy people, her timidity at first masquerades as brusqueness - though not, according to old friends, as much as it used to.’
- ‘Beneath all his stubborn brusqueness, he was a solid friend and a loving father and husband.’
- ‘He looked taken aback by my brusqueness, but quickly shrugged it off.’
- ‘She attempted to bridge the gulf that her brusqueness had created and offered my friend a cigarette.’
- ‘The default mode of interaction with strangers often seems to be brusqueness to the point of derision.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.