One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He looked taken aback by my brusqueness, but quickly shrugged it off.’
- ‘Beneath all his stubborn brusqueness, he was a solid friend and a loving father and husband.’
- ‘She attempted to bridge the gulf that her brusqueness had created and offered my friend a cigarette.’
- ‘Like many shy people, her timidity at first masquerades as brusqueness - though not, according to old friends, as much as it used to.’
- ‘The default mode of interaction with strangers often seems to be brusqueness to the point of derision.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.