One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Like many shy people, her timidity at first masquerades as brusqueness - though not, according to old friends, as much as it used to.’
- ‘The default mode of interaction with strangers often seems to be brusqueness to the point of derision.’
- ‘Beneath all his stubborn brusqueness, he was a solid friend and a loving father and husband.’
- ‘He looked taken aback by my brusqueness, but quickly shrugged it off.’
- ‘She attempted to bridge the gulf that her brusqueness had created and offered my friend a cigarette.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.