One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I grab the letter from her hand, a little more brusquely than necessary.’
- ‘Questions about his place in history were turned away, sometimes deftly, sometimes brusquely, at an otherwise tedious luncheon at the official Writers' Club.’
- ‘At the beginning of the show, the dancers approached the audience with tape recorders and brusquely asked us to give our names.’
- ‘I therefore reply, briefly and brusquely, that I am not interested, and ring off.’
- ‘On my first return the doctor was late again, but the receptionist brusquely ordered me to go to the x-ray department for a ‘control picture’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.