One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But in the bruisingly fast world of battered global computer companies, a formidable weight rests on the slender shoulders of this 39-year-old.’
- ‘Ferocious physicality and a bruisingly emotional script combine to make Tangled Feet's first offering, Still Painful, at the Pleasance Theatre, a completely voyeuristic immersion into other people's lives.’
- ‘They will find themselves swiftly and bruisingly brought up against the limits of their own conditions, whatever those limits and conditions may be.’
- ‘From her bruisingly confessional lyrics to her painfully honest outbursts in front of reporters and TV cameras, she has talked herself into trouble countless times with her reckless, wayward, mutinous mouth.’
- ‘The story of bachelor John Bosco McLane and his ambition to get a woman at all costs wowed US audiences, with the New York Times describing it as ‘fiercely serious and bruisingly hilarious‘.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.