One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express someone's reaction to feeling cold.‘Brrr! It's a freezing cold day’
- ‘I can't wait. brrr… my Goddess, it's so cold out!’
- ‘The possibility of inhaling alone is just… brrr.’
- ‘IT'S January, it's freezing and brrr here's the unmistakable chill of the pre-packaged, politically sanctioned official touring exhibition.’
- ‘Today will be a somewhat lazy day, hanging out with Moose, watching some flicks, bugging the cats and then off to class. * brrr * I wish it weren't so cold, though.’
- ‘I dried out a bit, just in time to go out again and walk to Spitalfields market, and then… brrr.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.