One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express someone's reaction to feeling cold.‘Brrr! It's a freezing cold day’
- ‘I can't wait. brrr… my Goddess, it's so cold out!’
- ‘Today will be a somewhat lazy day, hanging out with Moose, watching some flicks, bugging the cats and then off to class. * brrr * I wish it weren't so cold, though.’
- ‘The possibility of inhaling alone is just… brrr.’
- ‘I dried out a bit, just in time to go out again and walk to Spitalfields market, and then… brrr.’
- ‘IT'S January, it's freezing and brrr here's the unmistakable chill of the pre-packaged, politically sanctioned official touring exhibition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.