One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I bought one of those and my mum dutifully kept hold of it until all the colours gradually slipped together and became a sort of blah browny sandy colour, when she wisely decided it was no longer worth holding onto.’
- ‘Anyway, very few flowers in my yard flaunt the single colours - bright yellow, soft pink, browny maroon, crimson - black - of my original sowing.’
- ‘Rudbeckia Goldquelle is a double-flowered species with bushy growth and mid yellow blooms from July to September while the unusual Rudbeckia mollis has hairy leaves and a browny green cone.’
- ‘In the early 70s, the store converted to UPC readers, which I now think was rather ahead it of its time. It coincided with an utter browning of the store, though - brown and orange, orangish browns and browny oranges.’
- ‘Dylan goes up to a security guard and describes Janae to him - ‘She's about this high with browny blondish hair.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.