One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown or his policies.‘a pressure group with Brownite leanings’
- ‘This speech was the first that can be said to be authentically Brownite.’
- ‘One Brownite minister said the remarks had effectively finished any leadership bid.’
- ‘He was associated with the Brownite camp.’
- ‘He was blamed by one former Brownite adviser for the "disaster" of Labour's general election campaign.’
- ‘Brownite forces were facing defeat.’
A supporter of the former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown or his policies.‘most people regard me as a Brownite’
- ‘He revealed himself to be a Brownite.’
- ‘You do not have to be a Brownite to see the gaps in the argument.’
- ‘She was loyal to Tony Blair, she would be loyal to Gordon Brown; she wasn't Blairite or Brownite, she was Labour.’
- ‘He is no Brownite and no natural boat-rocker.’
- ‘I remember having a discussion about democracy with a fervent Brownite.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.