One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a brown tinge; slightly brown.‘a brownish coloured cat’‘where I live the soil is brownish red’
- ‘She looked at the wooden bucket and the lump of brownish soap.’
- ‘You may see a black or brownish black beetle, sometimes outlined with dull yellow, floating backwards to the surface.’
- ‘The bulbs should not be shriveled, brownish, or dried out.’
- ‘The brownish autumn color of a dying Georgia cotton field was the inspiration for Brownfield Copeland's naming.’
- ‘It sports bright lemon-yellow blossoms with brownish colored centers.’
- ‘What you're looking for are seeds that have mostly turned dark, or brownish.’
- ‘My hair was slightly lighter than my eyes, a softer brownish color, always tied back in a ponytail.’
- ‘Look for the brownish granulated sugar in specialty food stores.’
- ‘The French teacher was a middle-aged woman with short brownish hair.’
- ‘These are fish of variable coloration, with backs that may be brownish, bluish, or greenish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.