Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The adult leader of a group of Brownies.See also brown owl
- ‘On May 11 th, the St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury, played host to eighty Brownie Guiders who were taught how to play Kwik Cricket so they could introduce cricket to their girls.’
- ‘When a Brownie is approaching her twelfth birthday, as she moves on to high school, she will be assisted by her Brownie Guider in moving into a Guide Company.’
- ‘The when I was 19 I became an Assistant Guider and after 2 years became Brownie Guider at the 6th Widnes Brownies in Hale Village, near Liverpool.’
- ‘We are always looking for new leaders and would be pleased to hear from anyone who might be interested in becoming a Brownie Guider.’
- ‘In January 1989 Carole decided that she wanted to concentrate on Guides and so I was asked to become the Assistant Brownie Guider.’
- ‘Some Brownie Guiders might feel too inexperienced to tackle the Science Investigator Badge so we are using this BBSRC grant to fund a training day for Norfolk Guiders.’
- ‘Sue's first job as National Brownie Adviser will be to look at the on-going support and training needs of Brownie Guiders as they continue to implement the revised Brownie programme.’
- ‘While her family were growing up she helped to found Holm Playgroup and was also a Brownie Guider.’
- ‘All the Brownie Guiders have been trained on the new programme and are now using the new books and ideas in their meetings.’
- ‘A Brownie chooses her outfit from a range of Brownie wear, which can be purchased from the Guide Shop at JHQ (if you live further afield, your Brownie Guider will place a mail order for you).’
- ‘‘When I left Netherurd I left 50 friends’ a new Brownie Guider after her first visit to the Scottish Training and Activity Centre near Peebles.’
- ‘I'm an Assistant Brownie Guider, Assistant Guide Guider, Division International Advisor, and just about any other job I get volunteered for…!’
- ‘There was petty squabbling, bitching and power struggles such as you would see in any boardroom or Brownie Guiders meeting (that's another opinion for me to write!’
- ‘Experiential Training for Brownie Guiders were introduced at Pack Holiday Trainings.’
- ‘Ali is the Brownie Guider at 6th Isleworth Brownies, an assistant Brownie Guider at 2nd Isleworth Brownies and an assistant Guide Guider at 2nd Spring Grove Guides.’
- ‘By the way, I was a Brownie Guider and Rainbow Guider before I ‘retired’ and continued my Guiding connections through the Trefoil Guild.’
- ‘Her CV also lists a range of voluntary work from the Swindon Users' Network to being a Brownie Guider for a team of seven to ten-year-olds at the Pilgrim Centre.’
- ‘One of the Brownie Guiders got hers, and so did I.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.