One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The common trout of Europe, especially one of a non-migratory race having dark spotted skin and occurring in small rivers and pools.
- ‘As well as supporting an excellent run of summer grilse and sea trout, the quiet Cambusmore pools house some superb brown trout.’
- ‘It can be quite rightly argued that all brown trout have sea trout qualities and that all sea trout have brown trout characteristics.’
- ‘I knew there were sea trout, brown trout and Falklands trout in the rivers and lakes and Falkland mullet in the creeks.’
- ‘The tiger trout is a specially bred-on-site hybrid between a brook trout and a brown trout.’
- ‘So far 25 salmon, as well as two brown trout, one sea trout, three lamprey and two dace, have been trapped.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.