One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unpolished rice with only the husk of the grain removed.
- ‘The most balanced grain is brown rice and should constitute a large part of the diet.’
- ‘Drink nettle or dandelion teas and eat foods rich in vitamin B6, including sunflower seeds, brown rice, buckwheat and avocados.’
- ‘Wholegrain foods such as brown rice and wholemeal bread do much to ensure proper bowel function, and recent evidence suggests the benefits go way beyond merely keeping us regular.’
- ‘Eat a variety of rice, brown rice, oatmeal, barley, yams, potatoes and pastas.’
- ‘Then, add a bunch of complex carbs, like brown rice, whole-wheat bread, veggies and lots of nuts.’
- ‘He eats fruits, vegetables, legumes - which includes soy - and whole grains such as brown rice and whole wheat flour.’
- ‘These include whole-wheat bread, brown rice, and bran cereals.’
- ‘Focus on whole wheat pasta, brown rice, potatoes, fruit, and specific supplements for this glycogen-loading phase.’
- ‘For instance, use brown rice instead of white rice and whole-wheat pasta instead of regular pasta.’
- ‘Cereals and grains include: whole grains, wheat, brown rice, oats, millet, potatoes, and bananas.’
- ‘Also include one or two servings of whole grains such as brown rice once or twice a day.’
- ‘I prefer brown rice over white rice because it's more nutritious and less processed.’
- ‘Wild rice and brown rice have about 3 grams of fiber per cup.’
- ‘Eat unrefined starches like wholemeal bread, brown rice and wholewheat pasta.’
- ‘I did my own cooking for the first time in my life, using brown rice.’
- ‘Participants were fed diets rich in barley or grains lower in soluble fiber, such as whole wheat and brown rice.’
- ‘They are found in abundance in fruit, brown rice, broccoli, wheat germ, Brussels sprouts and collard greens.’
- ‘This vegan cheddar is essentially made out of brown rice, oats and canola oil.’
- ‘However, she does not seem to eat enough beans or whole grains such as brown rice.’
- ‘In a serving bowl, combine the wild rice, brown rice, raisin mixture, almonds, parsley, salt and pepper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.