One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hare found commonly in much of Eurasia, though absent from Ireland.
- ‘The biodiversity report lists 25 species at risk, including otters, brown hares, red squirrels, pipistrelle bats, porpoises, six varieties of dolphin and 13 types of whale.’
- ‘The brown hare and the dark-gray squirrel nodded in turn.’
- ‘Neil Pullen, Swindon wildlife officer for the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust, said: ‘We are about to launch Swindon's biodiversity plan, and brown hares are noted as a priority species.’’
- ‘Ten species of waterfowl nest around the lake; kestrels and buzzards can be spotted in the woodland; and brown hares, stoats, weasels, grey and red squirrels can also be seen.’
- ‘Notable exceptions showed that white wagtails and brown hares shifted from scramble to contest competition as their food was increasingly clumped in space.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.