One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game similar to ice hockey in which players run rather than skate and use rubber brooms or broom handles to push a ball into the goal.
- ‘Our one-size-fits-all plan will help you start your winter sport - skiing, snowshoeing, broomball, whatever - in shape, not just finish it that way.’
- ‘Sporting new broomball shoes, Cam Curwood opened the scoring for the Stallions.’
- ‘Most notable was the level of international involvement - the Endangered Species, captained by broomball veteran Bob Heringer, fielded several Japanese players, and were unlucky not to finish in the top half of the table.’
- ‘There are many sports offered by Campus Rec this term Competitive sports include soccer, basketball, broomball, volleyball, ice hockey and ball hockey.’
- ‘In nine previous terms, the Whackers had won five times and the Stallions four times to dominate campus broomball's top division.’
- ‘In addition to hockey, curling and a host of other activities, Campus Rec broomball is played at the arena.’
- ‘Competitive broomball features refereed games, use of the offside rule and score-keeping.’
- ‘we're seeing broomball sticks all over the place’
- ‘Entering the newsroom of a winter day, high-traction broomball boots trailing bite-sized snowballs, she'd have all her needs in the wheeled conveyance behind.’
- ‘He mastered broomball while studying for his M.B.A. at Boston University.’
- ‘She played broomball at the First Nations Winter Games and was the Assistant Coach for Boy's soccer at the Summer Games.’
- ‘One broomball player was hospitalized after the resurfacing machine exploded while he was on the ice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.