One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game similar to ice hockey in which players run rather than skate and use rubber brooms or broom handles to push a ball into the goal.
- ‘One broomball player was hospitalized after the resurfacing machine exploded while he was on the ice.’
- ‘we're seeing broomball sticks all over the place’
- ‘Competitive broomball features refereed games, use of the offside rule and score-keeping.’
- ‘She played broomball at the First Nations Winter Games and was the Assistant Coach for Boy's soccer at the Summer Games.’
- ‘Most notable was the level of international involvement - the Endangered Species, captained by broomball veteran Bob Heringer, fielded several Japanese players, and were unlucky not to finish in the top half of the table.’
- ‘In addition to hockey, curling and a host of other activities, Campus Rec broomball is played at the arena.’
- ‘Entering the newsroom of a winter day, high-traction broomball boots trailing bite-sized snowballs, she'd have all her needs in the wheeled conveyance behind.’
- ‘Sporting new broomball shoes, Cam Curwood opened the scoring for the Stallions.’
- ‘He mastered broomball while studying for his M.B.A. at Boston University.’
- ‘There are many sports offered by Campus Rec this term Competitive sports include soccer, basketball, broomball, volleyball, ice hockey and ball hockey.’
- ‘In nine previous terms, the Whackers had won five times and the Stallions four times to dominate campus broomball's top division.’
- ‘Our one-size-fits-all plan will help you start your winter sport - skiing, snowshoeing, broomball, whatever - in shape, not just finish it that way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.