One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game similar to ice hockey in which players run rather than skate and use rubber brooms or broom handles to push a ball into the goal.
- ‘In addition to hockey, curling and a host of other activities, Campus Rec broomball is played at the arena.’
- ‘Our one-size-fits-all plan will help you start your winter sport - skiing, snowshoeing, broomball, whatever - in shape, not just finish it that way.’
- ‘One broomball player was hospitalized after the resurfacing machine exploded while he was on the ice.’
- ‘In nine previous terms, the Whackers had won five times and the Stallions four times to dominate campus broomball's top division.’
- ‘Competitive broomball features refereed games, use of the offside rule and score-keeping.’
- ‘Entering the newsroom of a winter day, high-traction broomball boots trailing bite-sized snowballs, she'd have all her needs in the wheeled conveyance behind.’
- ‘Sporting new broomball shoes, Cam Curwood opened the scoring for the Stallions.’
- ‘She played broomball at the First Nations Winter Games and was the Assistant Coach for Boy's soccer at the Summer Games.’
- ‘Most notable was the level of international involvement - the Endangered Species, captained by broomball veteran Bob Heringer, fielded several Japanese players, and were unlucky not to finish in the top half of the table.’
- ‘He mastered broomball while studying for his M.B.A. at Boston University.’
- ‘we're seeing broomball sticks all over the place’
- ‘There are many sports offered by Campus Rec this term Competitive sports include soccer, basketball, broomball, volleyball, ice hockey and ball hockey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.