One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young bird; a nestling.‘her broodlings have hatched’
chick, baby bird, fledglingView synonyms
- ‘A tiny feather-stem was made to grow straight out from the broodling's skin.’
- ‘In her unfledged condition the destruction of the local shelter threatened the death of the broodling.’
- ‘Closet and pantry were distrained of their rarest delicacies, and the poultry-yard of its fattest broodlings, to furnish a palatable variety for his table.’
- ‘She darted into the midst of the flock of storks, with her four broodlings close beside her.’
- ‘As she leads, the broodlings will follow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.