One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young bird; a nestling.‘her broodlings have hatched’
chick, baby bird, fledglingView synonyms
- ‘In her unfledged condition the destruction of the local shelter threatened the death of the broodling.’
- ‘As she leads, the broodlings will follow.’
- ‘Closet and pantry were distrained of their rarest delicacies, and the poultry-yard of its fattest broodlings, to furnish a palatable variety for his table.’
- ‘A tiny feather-stem was made to grow straight out from the broodling's skin.’
- ‘She darted into the midst of the flock of storks, with her four broodlings close beside her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.