One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The sky is broodingly grey over the humid downs of the Barkly Tableland as a mob of well-fed white Brahman cows and calves quietly shift across the green expanse.’
- ‘Rogozhin's eyes never leave Myshkin: he is broodingly jealous of the prince.’
- ‘Just imagine our heroine looking broodingly over an urban wasteland and trying to articulate the pressure of living up to the Big Mags legend.’
- ‘His subsequent solo output has been marked by restraint, with broodingly elegiac melodies underpinning a more shaded, if still downbeat, lyrical outlook.’
- ‘And lamenting the far away, almost invisible picture of the broodingly handsome Jeff Buckley when you search for him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.