One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I initially hoped to stave off any broodiness by persuading my wife to take a job as a teacher.’
- ‘I'm feeling a strange combination of sad broodiness from the chapter's content and a relieved exhilaration at getting another chapter done.’
- ‘Cast primarily because of his physical resemblance to Debussy, Oliver Reed has surprisingly little to do except intersperse smouldering broodiness and violent rage.’
- ‘The pliable and picturesque ‘Tall Ships’ contradicts its apparent broodiness, cutting through the water, creating a swell that carries you safely through the remainder of the songs.’
- ‘‘He's always coming up with lots of one-liners, so after the broodiness of Sea Of Souls I'll have to work hard and get my comedy hat on,’ laughs Bill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.