One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘He's always coming up with lots of one-liners, so after the broodiness of Sea Of Souls I'll have to work hard and get my comedy hat on,’ laughs Bill.’
- ‘I'm feeling a strange combination of sad broodiness from the chapter's content and a relieved exhilaration at getting another chapter done.’
- ‘Cast primarily because of his physical resemblance to Debussy, Oliver Reed has surprisingly little to do except intersperse smouldering broodiness and violent rage.’
- ‘The pliable and picturesque ‘Tall Ships’ contradicts its apparent broodiness, cutting through the water, creating a swell that carries you safely through the remainder of the songs.’
- ‘I initially hoped to stave off any broodiness by persuading my wife to take a job as a teacher.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.