One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He had been lying on his bed, staring broodily up at the ceiling when Sarah burst through the door with an energy he had never seen her posses before.’
- ‘And, anticipating the defection of the supposed hero to the dark side, there is a preponderance of broodily low-key numbers.’
- ‘Jake remained across the room at his desk, looking broodily down at the open journal instead of up at his stepfather.’
- ‘Kate found him in Longmann's Castle, staring very broodily out into Mindoro Bay.’
- ‘When asked when that might be, Tomislav stares broodily into the distance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.