One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When asked when that might be, Tomislav stares broodily into the distance.’
- ‘Kate found him in Longmann's Castle, staring very broodily out into Mindoro Bay.’
- ‘Jake remained across the room at his desk, looking broodily down at the open journal instead of up at his stepfather.’
- ‘And, anticipating the defection of the supposed hero to the dark side, there is a preponderance of broodily low-key numbers.’
- ‘He had been lying on his bed, staring broodily up at the ceiling when Sarah burst through the door with an energy he had never seen her posses before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.