One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's also a large bronzy image of Buddha seated in meditation and ornate hooded archways, and sunny colours abound.’
- ‘A third variety of this species, Clematis montana ‘Rubens’, is growing through Jasminum officinale and it is my favourite with dark bronzy red leaves and deep pink flowers.’
- ‘Peachy tones look great on most complexions (or dab a bronzy shade on eyelids, cheekbones and lips), while a frosty white tone adds instant sexiness to darker complexions.’
- ‘A bronzy glow now meant someone had money and could afford a leisurely outdoor life.’
- ‘While most people at this time of year think about eating turkey, I think about seeing one - not the overweight, pale, domesticated bird that ends up on the Thanksgiving table, but rather its streamlined, bronzy ancestor: the wild turkey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.