One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Do they want to think in elephantine or brontosaurian terms?’
- ‘The brontosaurian length of American election campaigns is not a tribute to our collective fascination with politics.’
- ‘You're lost already - and we haven't even mentioned the other main character, Don Gately, recovering drug addict and AA halfway-house staffer, whose brontosaurian placidity it's best not to roil.’
- ‘It's the tri-headed beast called Pearls and Brass, with their brontosaurian stomp and stone-hipped shuffle.’
- ‘Too bad he couldn't get to the producers before they laid this cinematic egg of truly brontosaurian proportions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.