One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Spasm of bronchial smooth muscle, producing narrowing of the bronchi.
- ‘None of the animals developed hypoxemia, hemoptysis, bronchospasm, or respiratory distress either during or after treatment.’
- ‘If asthma is considered the result of two main pathogenic mechanisms, bronchospasm and inflammation, there are theoretic grounds to seek the involvement of heme oxygenase in both.’
- ‘Because patients with more severe disease are more prone to respiratory tract infections and bronchospasm, we chose to evaluate patients with only mild-to-moderate COPD.’
- ‘Acid reflux has been associated with bronchospasm, heightened bronchial reactivity, and airway edema.’
- ‘The products of combustion, though cooled by the time they reach the lungs, act as direct irritants to the lungs, leading to bronchospasm, inflammation, and bronchorrhoea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.