Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Current applications of virtual reality in preoperative diagnostics include gastroscopy, bronchoscopy, and colonoscopy.’
- ‘I get the impression that medical students think that sputum cytology is really bronchoscopy with lavage cytology.’
- ‘The use of lavage alone at bronchoscopy avoids transbronchial biopsy with its complications of haemorrhage and pneumothorax.’
- ‘Patients with known or suspected malignancies of the lung and with a medical indication for a bronchoscopy were invited to participate.’
- ‘All patients had to be free of acute respiratory tract infections before bronchoscopy for at least 6 weeks.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.