Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the lungs, arising in the bronchi or bronchioles.
- ‘Infection can slow recovery or cause diseases such as blood poisoning or bronchopneumonia a pneumonia involving inflammation of the lungs.’
- ‘The lung showed focal bronchopneumonia, multiple thrombi, and focal hemorrhagic infarcts.’
- ‘Enlarged and edematous lungs, consolidation, hemorrhage, bronchopneumonia, and acute bronchiolitis were also noted.’
- ‘Radiographically, SARS is closely mimicked by bacterial bronchopneumonia or other viral pneumonias.’
- ‘The most common type of pneumonia is bronchopneumonia, which affects the smallest airways in the lungs (the bronchioles).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.