Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of bronchial origin.
- ‘Final diagnoses included one bronchogenic cyst and one combined bronchogenic cyst and thymic hyperplasia.’
- ‘In contrast to these tests, the analyses of exhaled breath for smellprints characteristic of bronchogenic cancer provide a potentially simple, noninvasive, and inexpensive screening tool.’
- ‘Non-small cell lung carcinoma accounts for approximately 80% of all bronchogenic carcinomas, and is typically classified into specific cell types.’
- ‘In a discovery and training phase, exhaled breath of 14 individuals with bronchogenic carcinoma and 45 healthy control subjects or control subjects without cancer was analyzed.’
- ‘Histopathologically, there were 25 cases of primary bronchogenic carcinoma; among them, there were 5 cases of recurrence of small cell carcinoma after chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.