Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A drug that causes widening of the bronchi, for example any of those taken by inhalation for the alleviation of asthma.
- ‘He was initially treated with several antiasthmatic medications, including inhaled bronchodilators, inhaled steroids, and theophylline, without any relief of symptoms.’
- ‘This disease responds to asthma medications such as bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroids.’
- ‘Inhalation of bronchodilators and corticosteroids is the mainstay of treatment for patients with asthma.’
- ‘Essential drug and medical supplies were supplemented to include oxygen, intravenous fluids, parenteral antibiotics, bronchodilators, and drugs for gynaecological and obstetric emergencies.’
- ‘Your doctor may ask you to inhale a bronchodilator drug used in asthma treatment to open obstructed air passages.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.