One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drug that causes widening of the bronchi, for example any of those taken by inhalation for the alleviation of asthma.
- ‘He was initially treated with several antiasthmatic medications, including inhaled bronchodilators, inhaled steroids, and theophylline, without any relief of symptoms.’
- ‘Inhalation of bronchodilators and corticosteroids is the mainstay of treatment for patients with asthma.’
- ‘Your doctor may ask you to inhale a bronchodilator drug used in asthma treatment to open obstructed air passages.’
- ‘This disease responds to asthma medications such as bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroids.’
- ‘Essential drug and medical supplies were supplemented to include oxygen, intravenous fluids, parenteral antibiotics, bronchodilators, and drugs for gynaecological and obstetric emergencies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.