Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Many of these studies have used albuterol-induced bronchodilation as the pharmacodynamic response measured.’
- ‘Repeated measurements of FEV 1 and measurement of reversibility after bronchodilation would establish the diagnosis, but this was beyond the scope of our study.’
- ‘In addition to steroids, albuterol should be used for bronchodilation because of its short onset of action.’
- ‘Albuterol-induced bronchodilation is another suitable pharmacodynamic response in that it mimics clinical use as treatment for bronchospasm that is already present.’
- ‘In addition, activation of slowly adapting pulmonary stretch receptors is known to decrease airway cholinergic tone, and their stimulation by furosemide may also account for the bronchodilation observed in this study.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.