One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The recent film is a classic representation of the bronchoceles and of the resultant ateletasis (bilateral upper lobes).’
- ‘The impacted mucus in bronchoceles may get calcified and then these lesions are depicted as signal voids on both T1W and T2W images.’
- ‘Bronchial atresia is a rare, congenital anomaly characterized by the presence of bronchocele with distal hyperinflation.’
- ‘Applied as a poultice it has been greatly beneficial in the treatment of felons, and internally administered has cure bronchocele when iodine has failed.’
- ‘Banana root has some employment as an anthelmintic and has been reported useful in reducing bronchocele.’
Mid 17th century: from Greek bronkhokēlē.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.