One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes. It typically causes bronchospasm and coughing.
- ‘Over the years, the patient had been hospitalized many times with bronchitis and pneumonia.’
- ‘Sometimes the cough from acute bronchitis lasts for several weeks or months.’
- ‘Chronic bronchitis is an inflammation and eventual scarring of the lining of the bronchial tubes.’
- ‘Some human lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis may leave the patient drowsy or even comatose because of the build up of carbon dioxide in the body.’
- ‘This is a viral infection that typically causes conjunctivitis, bronchitis, rash and fever.’
- ‘In a few cases the symptoms appeared within the context of chronic bronchitis or late stage pneumonia.’
- ‘Laryngitis may also be a feature of bronchitis, pneumonia, flu or measles.’
- ‘It focused on therapy, and chronic bronchitis and emphysema were redefined.’
- ‘Moreover, about half of the subjects with new asthma also reported chronic bronchitis.’
- ‘Maternal smoking was associated with only wheezy bronchitis and not asthma.’
- ‘Sometimes, the colds cause pneumonia or exacerbate chronic bronchitis or asthma.’
- ‘Similar issues arise in relation to bronchitis or asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.’
- ‘This means it is very bad for people with respiratory problems such as bronchitis and asthma.’
- ‘They all presented with typical symptoms of bronchitis and recurrent sinusitis or otitis.’
- ‘Wilson and colleagues looked at emphysema and chronic bronchitis separately.’
- ‘Rarely, flu can develop into a high fever, acute bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia.’
- ‘A bout of influenza in 1997 developed into bronchitis and pneumonia and put him into hospital.’
- ‘Sometimes people with a chronic lung disease such as emphysema or bronchitis can take beta blockers.’
- ‘Differentiation between pneumonia and acute bronchitis is important because of the therapeutic consequences.’
- ‘Pneumonia, bronchitis, and sinus and ear infections are three examples of complications from flu.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.