Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Ecsod can be detected in the arterial intima, media, bronchiolar epithelium, alveolar epithelium, and extracellular matrix of human neonatal lung.’
- ‘We hypothesize that our patient's severe acid reflux led to acute and chronic bronchial and bronchiolar inflammation, which caused the progressive decline in his pulmonary function.’
- ‘Large continuous masses of eosinophils were situated within the extracellular matrix, beneath the bronchiolar smooth muscle layer.’
- ‘There is mucous metaplasia, enlargement of the mass of bronchiolar smooth muscle, and loss of alveolar attachments.’
- ‘Weak immunoreactivity for NOS2 in the normoxia plus saline group was present in bronchiolar and vascular smooth muscle, bronchiolar epithelium, and Clara cells.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.