Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Large continuous masses of eosinophils were situated within the extracellular matrix, beneath the bronchiolar smooth muscle layer.’
- ‘Weak immunoreactivity for NOS2 in the normoxia plus saline group was present in bronchiolar and vascular smooth muscle, bronchiolar epithelium, and Clara cells.’
- ‘We hypothesize that our patient's severe acid reflux led to acute and chronic bronchial and bronchiolar inflammation, which caused the progressive decline in his pulmonary function.’
- ‘Ecsod can be detected in the arterial intima, media, bronchiolar epithelium, alveolar epithelium, and extracellular matrix of human neonatal lung.’
- ‘There is mucous metaplasia, enlargement of the mass of bronchiolar smooth muscle, and loss of alveolar attachments.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.