One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition of dullness and weakness due to excessive intake of bromide sedatives.
- ‘Prolonged intake of potassium bromide can lead to bromide intoxication or bromism.’
- ‘It is unclear how much bromide must be absorbed before symptoms of bromism become apparent.’
- ‘The more strongly marked this sign in the iris the more symptoms of chronic bromism will be exhibited by the patient.’
- ‘Luckily, the diagnosis of bromism and six hours of hemodialysis brought him around.’
- ‘Similarly, psychosis and hyperpigmentation are found in patients with bromism, while psychosis occurs independently in patients with homocystinuria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.