One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition characterized by sudden dysfunction of the left ventricle of the heart, accompanied by symptoms resembling those of a heart attack but occurring in the absence of significant coronary artery disease. Typically attributed to stressful events, the condition is usually transient.‘patients with broken-heart syndrome often complain of chest pain and shortness of breath’
- ‘Those who feel overwhelmed shouldn't ignore the symptoms of what's been called broken-heart syndrome.’
- ‘Different from a heart attack, broken heart syndrome is caused by a flood of hormones that impedes the ability of the heart muscle to pump.’
- ‘A police investigator suggested what is sometimes called "broken-heart syndrome," speculating that one suffered a fatal heart attack and the other died from shock.’
- ‘The same stress that can be life-threatening in broken heart syndrome can also drive people to irrationality.’
- ‘Dr Kucia said her research centred around broken heart syndrome's effect on younger women and those in labour, but the findings would help all people with the condition.’
- ‘U.S. doctors nicknamed it "broken heart syndrome" because it frequently affects patients who have lost a spouse or other family member.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.