One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition characterized by sudden dysfunction of the left ventricle of the heart, accompanied by symptoms resembling those of a heart attack but occurring in the absence of significant coronary artery disease. Typically attributed to stressful events, the condition is usually transient.‘patients with broken-heart syndrome often complain of chest pain and shortness of breath’
- ‘U.S. doctors nicknamed it "broken heart syndrome" because it frequently affects patients who have lost a spouse or other family member.’
- ‘The same stress that can be life-threatening in broken heart syndrome can also drive people to irrationality.’
- ‘Different from a heart attack, broken heart syndrome is caused by a flood of hormones that impedes the ability of the heart muscle to pump.’
- ‘A police investigator suggested what is sometimes called "broken-heart syndrome," speculating that one suffered a fatal heart attack and the other died from shock.’
- ‘Those who feel overwhelmed shouldn't ignore the symptoms of what's been called broken-heart syndrome.’
- ‘Dr Kucia said her research centred around broken heart syndrome's effect on younger women and those in labour, but the findings would help all people with the condition.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.