One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I would say broken-heartedness comes basically from the trying experience of disappointment.’
- ‘I have felt a range of emotions from joy to broken-heartedness.’
- ‘It gave the steadfastness a tremendous sense of tenderness and an ability to withstand pain, and the broken-heartedness took on the quality of an intense ability to feel something strongly.’
- ‘From there can develop a real prayer of contrition, of repentance-with a little broken-heartedness and quite a lot of healthy shame.’
- ‘Topics include sexual responsibility, abstinence, dating, transmission of HIV, homosexuality, eating disorders, body image, self-mutilation, suicide, alcohol and drug misuse, dealing with divorce and broken-heartedness, among others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.