Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A building for rearing broiler chickens in close confinement.
- ‘Measurement of ammonia emissions from 11 broiler houses in Kentucky and Pennsylvania is being conducted.’
- ‘The plant would consist of an abattoir, broiler house, breeding houses, egg-laying houses, a convenient food preparation kitchen and a feed mill.’
- ‘Both methods allow the cost-effective sampling of broiler houses and subsequent detection of Salmonella-positive flocks.’
- ‘The objective of this cooperative research project is to improve the internal environment in broiler houses by reducing the levels of ammonia in the air.’
- ‘It is concluded that the activities within broiler houses may induce allergic respiratory reaction in workers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.