One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A male computer programmer who engages in stereotypically male-oriented activities and macho behavior.‘she's able to command the respect of brogrammers even as she pushes to make tech more welcoming to all kinds of women’
- ‘The world of the brogrammer is a vague and hazy place of stereotyped sex humour and pseudo-serious trend pieces.’
- ‘Many a young brogrammer is shocked to discover his ilk didn't invent the 24-hour coding marathon.’
- ‘Lastly, while brogrammer culture is rightly derided as juvenile, it apparently has flourished among a highly educated workforce.’
- ‘Believe me when I say you don't want a bunch of brogrammers, and this may happen if you only hire your buddies.’
- ‘Computer science is still a brogrammer's world.’
- ‘Are a few brogrammers giving the developer population, which is mostly married with children, an undeserved bad name?’
Early 21st century: blend of bro and programmer.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.