Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘At the back is the terrific, large broadloomed master bedroom, complete with large wall-to-wall closets and a fabulous 4-piece ensuite bath.’
- ‘One visitor asked, ‘I live in a tiny rowhouse and it is currently broadloomed throughout and I am wanting to install hardwood.’’
- ‘This spacious, fully broadloomed, air-conditioned three bedroom suite with in-suite storage has a private balcony in this very well maintained building.’
- ‘I exhale in relief and turn to face the broadloomed waiting area.’
- ‘The room was large, broadloomed, with lots of hanging plants, split bamboo blinds, and cushions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.