One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Carpet woven in wide widths.‘wall-to-wall broadloom’
- ‘The texture was always soft, with blades thicker than the tufts in my new plush broadloom.’
- ‘While it's difficult to generalize with any accuracy, many broadloom carpets run about $20 per square yard installed.’
- ‘Don't be like the guest of a guest at one of my cocktail parties a number of years ago who dropped a lit cigarette on my white wool broadloom and thought it more seemly to stub the cigarette out than to pick it up.’
- ‘Previously, broadloom carpet almost always won the battle of the budget when up against carpet tile.’
- ‘Glue-down installation is appropriate for broadloom and tile.’
- ‘Choose broadloom carpet if a plush, cushy feeling underfoot is important to creating the desired image.’
- ‘For carpet, considerations include broadloom vs. tile; stretch-in vs. glue-down; and nylon, olefin or wool fibers.’
- ‘For instance, broadloom carpeting may run $20 per yard, and the going rate for installation might be around $5 per yard.’
- ‘Tufted broadloom carpeting and wool area rugs give the Idea House interior a warm, casually elegant air.’
- ‘‘Say the design team has to decide whether to use carpet tile or broadloom in a particular location,’ says Sanford Smith, corporate manager for real estate and facilities, Toyota.’
- ‘As a starting point, the firms had to be financially stable and able to provide both broadloom and carpet tile in quantities Fidelity needed.’
- ‘When rugs are cut from broadloom carpeting, you can specify any size or shape you want.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.