One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Expand one's range of interests, activities, and knowledge.‘they want to broaden their horizons with a change of scenery and culture’
- ‘We are trying to broaden their horizons and give them valuable life skills or interests.’
- ‘‘I joined the railway because I thought it would be interesting and broaden my horizons,’ said Mrs Cope, who lives in Oxenhope.’
- ‘She has never let her disability prevent her from broadening her horizons, taking part in trips and activities away from the school, sometimes with fully-sighted teenagers.’
- ‘So yeah, if I broaden my horizons and meet interesting and amusing people, then so much the better.’
- ‘His father, however, disliked Alfred's interest in poetry and in order to broaden his horizons, sent him abroad for further training in chemical engineering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.