One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Expand one's range of interests, activities, and knowledge.‘they want to broaden their horizons with a change of scenery and culture’
- ‘His father, however, disliked Alfred's interest in poetry and in order to broaden his horizons, sent him abroad for further training in chemical engineering.’
- ‘She has never let her disability prevent her from broadening her horizons, taking part in trips and activities away from the school, sometimes with fully-sighted teenagers.’
- ‘So yeah, if I broaden my horizons and meet interesting and amusing people, then so much the better.’
- ‘‘I joined the railway because I thought it would be interesting and broaden my horizons,’ said Mrs Cope, who lives in Oxenhope.’
- ‘We are trying to broaden their horizons and give them valuable life skills or interests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.