One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of farming practices or equipment) used in or suitable for large-scale production.
- ‘It released figures showing that the average broadacre farmer's fuel bill this year will be $4,000 higher than last year.’
- ‘‘A good autumn break is essential not only for Australia's grain producers, but also for a recovery in pasture production for our broadacre grazing industries,’ he said.’
- ‘They are being totally unreal as to the existing environmental impacts of the resource extraction called broadacre farming.’
- ‘She said most people involved in the scheme were broadacre farmers who sought a balance between profitable farming and conservation.’
- ‘Cattle-grazing continues to be the only recognised means for the broadacre utilisation of vast areas of modest to low potential.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.