(of farming practices or equipment) used in or suitable for large-scale production.
- ‘They are being totally unreal as to the existing environmental impacts of the resource extraction called broadacre farming.’
- ‘It released figures showing that the average broadacre farmer's fuel bill this year will be $4,000 higher than last year.’
- ‘She said most people involved in the scheme were broadacre farmers who sought a balance between profitable farming and conservation.’
- ‘Cattle-grazing continues to be the only recognised means for the broadacre utilisation of vast areas of modest to low potential.’
- ‘‘A good autumn break is essential not only for Australia's grain producers, but also for a recovery in pasture production for our broadacre grazing industries,’ he said.’