One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They also wanted the store to help Oxford cast itself in a different light, as a place of culture and literacy and broad-mindedness.’
- ‘There is at least one American liberal left who actually possesses some degree of broad-mindedness and capacity for self-reflection.’
- ‘Tolerance, broad-mindedness and readiness to consider others’ points of view are no longer the hallmarks of your culture.’
- ‘They were unanimous in their opinion that all these measures prove his broad-mindedness, secularism and his intention to give minorities equal opportunities.’
- ‘A nation rightly proud of its tolerance and broad-mindedness has come together, united by its horror at the country's first political assassination of the modern era.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.