One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A nation rightly proud of its tolerance and broad-mindedness has come together, united by its horror at the country's first political assassination of the modern era.’
- ‘There is at least one American liberal left who actually possesses some degree of broad-mindedness and capacity for self-reflection.’
- ‘Tolerance, broad-mindedness and readiness to consider others’ points of view are no longer the hallmarks of your culture.’
- ‘They also wanted the store to help Oxford cast itself in a different light, as a place of culture and literacy and broad-mindedness.’
- ‘They were unanimous in their opinion that all these measures prove his broad-mindedness, secularism and his intention to give minorities equal opportunities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.