One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He wore a red beard, just changed from the down of youth to the bristliness of manhood, and as yet unshaven.’
- ‘His bristliness and weaknesses were only the reverse side of his splendid qualities.’
- ‘The vegetation of Lower California makes up in bristliness what it lacks in luxuriance.’
- ‘The awful bristliness of my still-unshaven face had now surpassed mere "designer stubble" and passed into the unforgivable realms of "actually a beard".’
- ‘My beard sticks out straight from my face, so you can still see my skin underneath - it has none of the bushiness or bristliness of a proper beard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.