One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The awful bristliness of my still-unshaven face had now surpassed mere "designer stubble" and passed into the unforgivable realms of "actually a beard".’
- ‘My beard sticks out straight from my face, so you can still see my skin underneath - it has none of the bushiness or bristliness of a proper beard.’
- ‘The vegetation of Lower California makes up in bristliness what it lacks in luxuriance.’
- ‘His bristliness and weaknesses were only the reverse side of his splendid qualities.’
- ‘He wore a red beard, just changed from the down of youth to the bristliness of manhood, and as yet unshaven.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.