One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mainly tropical filmy fern with hair-like bristles protruding from the spore-containing bodies.
Genus Trichomanes, family Hymenophyllaceae
- ‘Ferns of interest included the bristle fern.’
- ‘In the darkest areas in several gullies, he found the Killarney bristle fern.’
- ‘Bristle fern demands shaded crevices and grottoes in sandy or acidic rocks.’
- ‘The streak-sorus fern is often associated with, most notably, the Appalachian bristle fern.’
- ‘Bristle fern, Polystichum and Rumohra are some of the genera which have representatives in the South African flora.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.