One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Raise an issue for further consideration or discussion.‘technology had brought into question the whole future of work’
- ‘Then even the integrity of the final narrator is brought into question by yet another revelation.’
- ‘While that move was brought into question by several people, what has finally emerged is worse!’
- ‘Stunned silence for a few moments and then all hell let loose as my lineage was brought into question by a few ‘concerned’ supporters.’
- ‘These groups are good at recognizing what is in the nation's best interest, but the process breaks down when actual funding priorities are brought into question.’
- ‘If you turn 30 acres of chateau vineyards into 150 acres then you are bringing its reputation into question.’
- ‘Massive write downs under the smokescreen of a new CEO will only demonstrate the old guard's failings and bring their tenure into question.’
- ‘If researchers are willing to disseminate misleading claims then their integrity is brought into question.’
- ‘In the mid-1970s this theory was brought into question by three separate lines of evidence.’
- ‘A number of anti-social activities in recent months have brought the tranquility into question.’
- ‘It's not that a community can't exist without a good mix of the rich and poor, but rather what is actually meant by the word community is brought into question.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.