One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A charity sale at which people bring items for sale and buy those brought by others.‘we are holding a bring and buy on Tuesday’as modifier ‘Jill organized bring-and-buy sales to raise cash’
fete, fair, jumble sale, sale, bring-and-buy sale, car boot sale, carnivalView synonyms
- ‘But you can't raise the money for something like that with raffles and bring and buys.’
- ‘Viewers have been holding bring and buy sales to raise money to help thousands of children in Tanzania.’
- ‘The appeal will encourage children around the UK to hold bring and buy sales to raise money.’
- ‘They planned a bring and buy sale and encouraged the whole school to come dressed as their favourite movie star.’
- ‘All members are asked to attend, as arrangements for a bring and buy sale and a day trip will be dealt with.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.