A small fairy shrimp which lives in brine pools and salt lakes and is used as food for aquarium fish.
- ‘His future goals include determining the optimum feeding density of brine shrimp.’
- ‘Daphnia are close relatives of the freshwater shrimp, and the brine shrimp (Artemia).’
- ‘Let's just say that I now owe someone about a half a ton of premium North Atlantic brine shrimp.’
- ‘The recently imported brine shrimp pets are under attack and may even be banned.’
- ‘In another two to three days the young should have graduated to newly hatched brine shrimp.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.