Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small fairy shrimp which lives in brine pools and salt lakes and is used as food for aquarium fish.
- ‘His future goals include determining the optimum feeding density of brine shrimp.’
- ‘The recently imported brine shrimp pets are under attack and may even be banned.’
- ‘Daphnia are close relatives of the freshwater shrimp, and the brine shrimp (Artemia).’
- ‘In another two to three days the young should have graduated to newly hatched brine shrimp.’
- ‘Let's just say that I now owe someone about a half a ton of premium North Atlantic brine shrimp.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.