One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
predicative Filled with something to the point of overflowing.‘a jug brimful of custard’
brimming, full, filled, filled up, filled to the brim, full to the brim, filled to capacity, overfull, running overView synonyms
- ‘Mountbatten was vigorous, young, and brimful of charm.’
- ‘The outlook for inexperienced graduates in a marketplace brimful of experienced candidates is not good.’
- ‘Its five movements are brimful with colour and imagery and Sutherland directs with empathy for the music.’
- ‘The Prime Minister remains brimful of hope.’
- ‘My heart was brimful of love and joy in him and his folk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.