Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A circular cut for diamonds and other gemstones in the form of two many-faceted pyramids joined at their bases, the upper one truncated near its apex.[as modifier] ‘brilliant-cut diamond ear studs’
- ‘In its center floats a brilliant-cut acrylic diamond with 53 sides.’
- ‘Side cut diamonds do not sparkle as much as the brilliant cut diamonds.’
- ‘A popular engagement ring for women is the round diamond brilliant cut.’
- ‘The Tiffany round brilliant cut is the more traditional choice of the two.’
- ‘A brilliant cut diamond pendant, is the elegant prize on offer for the best dressed woman.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.