Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A circular cut for diamonds and other gemstones in the form of two many-faceted pyramids joined at their bases, the upper one truncated near its apex.as modifier ‘brilliant-cut diamond ear studs’
- ‘Side cut diamonds do not sparkle as much as the brilliant cut diamonds.’
- ‘The Tiffany round brilliant cut is the more traditional choice of the two.’
- ‘A popular engagement ring for women is the round diamond brilliant cut.’
- ‘A brilliant cut diamond pendant, is the elegant prize on offer for the best dressed woman.’
- ‘In its center floats a brilliant-cut acrylic diamond with 53 sides.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.